The new Microsoft Office provides access from virtually anywhere to your familiar Office applications, email, calendar, video conferencing and most up-to-date documents, across your devices-from PCs to smartphones to tablets.
Help your customers experience the most powerful Office yet:
- Smarter applications. Smart, time-saving new ways to create, read, share and connect.
- Cloud-connected. Sign in to Office and access documents and settings across multiple devices.
- Optimised for touch. Experience Office at its best on Windows 8 devices, optimised for touch.
Recommending the right Office
The new Office provides options for your customers to get the Office that best meets their current and future needs. It is important to ask for the sale and help the customer choose the right Office.
- For customers who need Office on multiple PCs or Macs, recommend an Office 365 Home Premium subscription.
- For customers who need Office on a single PC, recommend Office Home and Student 2013 or Office Home and Business 2013.
- For higher education students, recommend Office 365 University.
Office 365 offers customers the complete Office in the cloud. There are Office 365 subscriptions for families, higher education and small businesses. An Office 365 subscription provides the best value to customers who need to install Office across multiple devices and want additional services. Microsoft Office 365 subscriptions include the latest versions of the Office applications that your customers know and trust, delivered when-and where-they need them. Your customers can choose from the following three subscriptions:
- Office 365 Home Premium
- Office 365 University
- Office 365 Small Business Premium (coming soon)
Office suites deliver powerful new versions of the applications your customers know and trust. Perfect for customers who need Office for only one Windows PC.
- Office Home & Student 2013 - For families. Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. Non-commercial use.
- Office Home & Business 2013 - For small-business and home users who need to manage email, calendars and tasks. Includes everything in Home & Student 2013, plus Outlook.
- Office Professional 2013 - For users who need the complete Office suite, including publishing and database tools. Includes everything in Home & Business 2013, plus Publisher and Access.
When you sell a PC with the new Office, you’re helping customers experience the most powerful Office yet. Most customers expect Word, Excel and PowerPoint to be included with a new PC, and they are five times more likely to purchase Office if you recommend it. Here is a simple four-step process to help you drive Office sales.
- 1. Always ask for the sale.
- 2. Qualify the customer and number of devices that will be used with Office.
- 3. Recommend the right version of Office.
- 4. Help the customer get started.